The New Knitting Book is Here!!

Do you remember this:



Well, that's how I felt the other day when a copy of What (Else) Would Madame DeFarge Knit was in my mailbox. Watch out world...Alex and I are in print!

The pattern we designed was a layette set inspired by the book Rosemary's Baby. Here is a snippet of the introduction to our pattern:

This fancy layette, fit for the newborn Son of Satan, includes a sweater, bonnet, and little mitts designed to keep him from scratching people with his tiny devil claws. Lacy edges, a touch of eyelet, and some silk ribbon will make any baby look like a prince [or princess.]

Our layette on a really cute baby!

We are so proud to have our pattern included alongside of so many other wonderful patterns. What an opportunity this has been for us. Here are a few of my favorites:




You can view beautiful color photos of ALL the patterns included in What (Else) Would Madame DeFarge Knit here. There are designer-led "knit-alongs" going all the time. Keep tabs on what's happening when at the WWMDFK? Facebook page. And, of course, if you're a Raveler (which I'm sure all our knitting friends are!), you can see pics of some of the patterns and more at the WWMDFK? Ravelry page.

As a designer for this book, you are also required to write an essay about the fictional character that inspired your knitting. I just got my copy a couple days ago and I've torn through all of them already. I love each one for it's honesty and cleverness. I think you will too.

The book can be purchased through the publisher's site, Amazon and Barnes & Noble.

–Cassandra

No comments:

Post a Comment