An Embarassment of Riches

Hi everyone! We're back in action here after days and days of holiday celebration. I hope you all had as much fun and good food as we did.


I am so lucky to have family who know the way to my heart is through the craft room. The bulk of my gifts this year were for making. Yeah!


I have yarn for 2 sweaters:


The red will be used for Coraline by Ysolda Teague and the green is TBD. As soon as I finish my portion of the knitting pattern design for our entry in What Would Madame DeFarge Knit II, I am casting on for me. Me, me, me, me, me!

But, oh, new knitting isn't the only thing I can wait to start. I got some books that have me excited for new projects. Particularly the "Cozy Wool Jacket" in Sew Serendipity by Kay Whitt. I've never sewn outerwear before, but this is making my want to give it a shot!


And then, there is the best gift I have ever received in my life. No lie. I have the most generous husband ever. He enables this crafty obsession of mine in spades. Meet my new baby:

This sucker weighs 50 lbs.
I will have more to share about my new Bernina in the future I'm sure. The learning curve I have with new technology is both sad and amusing. But nothing is going to happen in my crafty world until this post-holiday mess is up and out of the house:

I should buy stock in the Rubbermaid Corporation.
I better scat and get going on my cleaning. Talk to you soon everyone!

–Cassandra


No comments:

Post a Comment