My Brain is Mush

It's a rare occasion when I find myself totally overwhelmed. Most of the time, I can multitask like a pro and still feel in control. But this past week, I've been completely overloaded.

Every time the phone rings or the cell phone buzzes or another email pops up, I feel like I'm being pulled in a thousand directions.

What happened to my mad juggling skillz?

For some reason, my to-do list has gotten completely out of hand - between housework and regular work and my myriad projects, I suddenly have no damn time to just sit and recharge. Until Thursday.

On Thursday, March 1, I will be boarding a plane and going to Florida for six days. I plan to disconnect from social media and the internet in general. I plan to read a book. And I plan to drink fruity rum drinks by the pool every, single day.

I plan to rest my brain.

I do promise, dear readers, to write a travel-blog post next Wednesday, complete with the requisite beach photos - weather permitting.

In the meantime, please send positive thoughts my way that my head doesn't explode before I get on that plane. At this point, I'm still not sure I'm going to make it.

- "In Need Of Xanax" Alex

(Cassandra's Note: Please, please take me with you!!)

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect time for a vacation! Have an amazing time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like Thursday won't come soon enough, but will be a much needed break! Have a wonderful and relaxing time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait!! Less than 24 hours before my flight and on Friday morning I'll be laying by the pool with a fruity cocktail. Woot!!!

    ReplyDelete