Seeing Signs in San Francisco

As Alex mentioned last week, I was fortunate to have just attended the HOW Graphic Design Conference (this year held in San Francisco). There were so many opportunities to learn a new trick or two, but I've decided that my favorite sessions at events like this are when a seasoned or popular design professional simply discusses their body of work or creative process. Maybe it's because I've been in this business over 20 years...egad!...but I feel a kinship with other designers who feel it deep in their bones. The creatives who couldn't imagine doing anything else for a living. No matter what point in their career, those impassioned designers have the ability to make me sit up and take stock of my own creative path.

I've been back home for a week and I'm actually haunted (in a good way) by what I saw and heard in San Francisco. In order to exercise these demons, I've made some resolutions and promises to myself. Sorry to be cryptic (I hate when people are cryptic) but I'm a superstitious type. I don't want to jinx new endeavors by speaking about them too soon. You will be the first to know when things are ready to be talked about..pinky swear! Sufficed to say, I am creatively juiced up.

The other thing that got me revved up in San Francisco were the vertical vintage neon business signs EVERYWHERE. They give the city amazing character. I took picture after picture of ones that struck my fancy. Here are a few of my favorites....I hope they inspire you too!







I love having periods of intense inspiration. It refreshes my creativity and really gets me back on track. What's your source of inspiration?

Cassandra
(fired up designer)

2 comments:

  1. I love hearing how inspired you were! Can't wait to see what's to come!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement! My inspiration is still flowing since I've been home. So glad for that!
      –Cassandra

      Delete