Friday Finds: Best.Shampoo.Ever.

I have very thick, straight hair so I don't need a TON of "moisture" in order to keep my hair looking pretty good. But, as I've gone gray (underneath the bottle color), my hair has gotten coarser and tends to look kind of "fly-away" and nutty sometimes.

A couple of months ago, at book club, one of my curly-haired friends showed up with noticeably improved hair. It was MAD shiny and the curls were gorgeous. So, of course, I had to ask...

Turns out she's using a line of "Moroccan oil" type hair products that she got at Sally Beauty Supply. Not being one to fall for the latest fad, it took me until a month later (at our next book club) and another viewing of her amazing-looking hair before I finally got my butt to Sally and bought some for myself.

So, here it is - One 'N Only Argan Oil Moisture Repair Hair Care products:


Turns out that this is a lower-priced version of the more well-known brand called, simply, "Moroccan Oil" brand. I watched some reviews online comparing the two and, as you'd expect, the super-expensive version is often preferred for various reasons - smell, overall quality, etc. However, I can tell you that this cheaper stuff is working wonders for me. My hair has never been as smooth and shiny as his has been since using the shampoo, conditioner, and leave-in conditioner.

There's a huge line of products. My friend uses the leave-in conditioner for curly hair and there's a "rejuvenating mask", oil, and a bunch of other treatments. The best part is, everything is $10. That's it. Granted, I bought the giant commercial-sized bottles of shampoo & conditioner so they were about $21 each but they'll last forEVER.

If you're looking for extra moist, shiny hair. I highly recommend this product line. Especially if you're a curly head.

- Alex

4 comments:

  1. Neat! Do you know anything about the content of natural ingredients? Or whether it's biodegradable? I'd love to try something to tame my curly, frizzy hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. E - I'll check the ingredients when I get home and post back. I didn't even bother to check when I bought it, I was so enamored of the results. LOL

      Delete
    2. E - I did find this one-sheet online: http://www.one-n-only.com/files/OneNOnly-ArganOil-CS10.pdf

      Delete
  2. Huh, I should check that out. I'm using some bumble and bumble shampoo/conditioner for curly hair but it's giving me wicked product build up.

    ReplyDelete