1. Post links to some of our previous Halloween-themed posts (because, honestly, there's some good reading there!) and...
Vintage MD Halloween-themed posts include lists of awesome scary movies, scary books, a couple of recipes, and even a "how to throw a Rosemary's Baby party". Here are the best ones:
- Spooky podcasts
- Alex's starter list of spooky movies
- Cassandra's all-time favorite spooky audiobooks
- A magical Halloween recipe
- Cassandra's favorite spooky films
- How to throw a Rosemary's Baby party
- Baked rat recipe (perfect for Halloween!)
And now, the best Halloween article I've seen this season... a great list of mostly current, very scary books from contributor Molly Horan at mashable.com called "9 Books Scarier Than Any Horror Movie". Enjoy!
There is nothing better than a good ghost story.
It might be tempting to pop in one of your scarier movies when you want to get into the Halloween spirit, but there are plenty of novels sure to keep you up for just as many nights.
Just be careful if you read these titles in a public place. You might mistake the woman who just wants your extra chair as your book's monster. And no one wants to go viral as "shrieking girl in Starbucks."