Friday Finds: CHEESE!

When one is from Wisconsin, it's imperative to love two things - beer and cheese. Technically, you're supposed to love the Green Bay Packers too but I get a pass because I know nothing at all about football and, frankly, don't care to learn.

The perfect storm - Wisconsin Beer Cheese Soup (with popcorn garnish)
Sadly, I can't tolerate beer so I'm often critized for my lack of Wisconsinism. However, I believe that I make up for it with my extreme love for cheese (and most other dairy products as well.)

Also sad is Cassandra's lactose intolerance as this means that she can't properly nuture her cheese jones.

For today's Friday Find, I'd like to introduce you to one of my all-time favorite brands - Wisconsin Cheese. This division of the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board (yes, there is such a thing) has made a religion of all things cheesy. As an advertising professional, my love for this brand goes beyond my love for dairy itself  and extends into the amazing marketing. The ads are clever and beautiful which is a tour de force that makes even the non-cheese lover drool over their product.

Enjoy them on Pinterest, Facebook, and online at Wisconsin CheeseThe Cheese and Burger Society, Grilled Cheese Academy, and Wisconsin's Cheese Cupid. You'll thank me (maybe) - at least for adding to your recipe collection.

Oh... and every year around this time they do "30 Days, 30 Ways" which is 30 different mac & cheese recipes in one month. It's to die for.

Buon Appetito! 

- Alex

1 comment:

  1. Ooooooooh, that's a picture from The Old Fashioned, isn't it? I could drink that soup with a straw.

    True story: When Bryan and I first met each other (in a chat room in 1998!), he jokingly mentioned something about me moving to Wisconsin. I replied "too cold for me, but I DO like cheese!" Four months later...

    ReplyDelete