Sidetracked

It's 65 degrees outside here in Madison. Consequently, I have ants in the pants. My unfocused mind cannot bring you the sewing machine tutorial on stitches I planned for today. Sorry about that!

All I can do this afternoon is dream about stuff I want to tackle: clean the house, finish up old projects, and start a few brand new ones. Here are a few of the things on my to-do short list:


1. I already have some killer Amy Butler fabric in my stash so I can sew myself a Frenchy Bag for a summer purse. I've been meaning to do this since last summer.



2. As Alex showed you on Monday, I bought some awesome fingering weight yarn in my signature (ochre) color so I can start a nice lightweight springtime knitting project called the Ishbel Shawl by Ysolda Teague.

Ysolda herself modeling Ishbel as a scarf.

3. More, and more, and more cotton pajamas for the littles. Home-made feels so much snugglier.

Simplicity 8493 has been the bomb.

4. The Easter Bunny might bring some little ducks or chicks.

5. My head is swimming with ideas for fabric designs and embroidery patterns. I need some serious alone-time to exercise those spirits.


And then...I have some super-secret knitting going on. Alex and I are putting final tweaks on our pattern to be included in the upcoming What (Else) Would Madame DeFarge Knit book. Plus, we are working on a submission idea we are pretty excited about for DeFarge Does Shakespeare. You have never heard us giggle and squeal the way we do when designing knitted objects. I think we were meant to do this.
Another sneak peek of our upcoming design.

So, what I need is: a clean house, some peace and quiet, my sewing machine, and my knitting bag. That is the cure for my ants in the pants. Until I get the bug to get outside in the dirt....

–Cassandra

No comments:

Post a Comment