All I can do this afternoon is dream about stuff I want to tackle: clean the house, finish up old projects, and start a few brand new ones. Here are a few of the things on my to-do short list:
1. I already have some killer Amy Butler fabric in my stash so I can sew myself a Frenchy Bag for a summer purse. I've been meaning to do this since last summer.
2. As Alex showed you on Monday, I bought some awesome fingering weight yarn in my signature (ochre) color so I can start a nice lightweight springtime knitting project called the Ishbel Shawl by Ysolda Teague.
|Ysolda herself modeling Ishbel as a scarf.|
3. More, and more, and more cotton pajamas for the littles. Home-made feels so much snugglier.
|Simplicity 8493 has been the bomb.|
4. The Easter Bunny might bring some little ducks or chicks.
5. My head is swimming with ideas for fabric designs and embroidery patterns. I need some serious alone-time to exercise those spirits.
And then...I have some super-secret knitting going on. Alex and I are putting final tweaks on our pattern to be included in the upcoming What (Else) Would Madame DeFarge Knit book. Plus, we are working on a submission idea we are pretty excited about for DeFarge Does Shakespeare. You have never heard us giggle and squeal the way we do when designing knitted objects. I think we were meant to do this.
|Another sneak peek of our upcoming design.|
So, what I need is: a clean house, some peace and quiet, my sewing machine, and my knitting bag. That is the cure for my ants in the pants. Until I get the bug to get outside in the dirt....